Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Caramal Peanut Brownie Bites

I was wishing for a Snickers bar today, as I put together kids afternoon snack. So, instead 0f plain old brownies, I fancied things up a smidge.

After spooning the brownie batter into a mini-muffin tin, I topped it with chopped peanuts, and a half a caramel for each cup. Then, I baked the bites at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, for about 15 minutes - long enough to bake the brownies, but just short of burning the caramel.

These are what we ended up with...



I won't lie to you, they taste nothing like Snickers bars - but I didn't get any complaints from the children, at snack time. And the best part is, these little bites are so rich, that one is enough to satisfy even the sweetest toothed snacker, so there's plenty left for the man of the house to enjoy tonight.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my, these look so good! Did you just use regular caramels, like caramel candies?

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Yes, they were Kraft brand, I think - the kids unwrapped them for me.

These are best when warm, because then the caramels are still melty and soft.

Anonymous said...

oo yum!
I love reading all your posts.