Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Remembering


The sun came out briefly, last night, just before it set, and we ran outside to enjoy a few minutes of summer. Being cooped up for the almost the entire spring has made us a bit testy.

We were happy to see though, that despite our opinion of the rainy spring, it has not stopped summer from coming.

I sat on the deck, drinking in the soft evening, and enjoying the big fluffy clouds floating by overhead.


They reminded me so much of a story, I read when I was a child, that I wanted to run in, and pull it out for the kids. I can still see the picture in my head, of a little girl with a very long spoon (or net?), scooping up some of the fluffy whiteness, to take home, and bake. I just can't quite remember the title of the story. Don't you hate that when that happens?

You can't just Google, stories about clouds, either. I tried. There are a lot of stories about clouds. And, I have the feeling it comes from some sort of children's anthology. It might even be a poem. Any ideas?

My mother might remember, but I'm pretty sure she'll need a chance to wake up, and have her first, west coast, cup of coffee, before she'll be ready to start fielding obscure questions from my childhood. You're keeping a detailed list of all the stories, and poems your children enjoy now, so that when they call you in 30 years, looking for the name of some story, or other, you'll have it - right?

It's great to be a homeschooler.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Our sun came out just in time to set here too. I have to say though that we are not as lucky with our plants, my flowers are all gone, my two bushes I planted a couple years ago, are looking sickly, so hopefully they will snap out of it.

Phyllis said...

What a lovely post. So full of happiness and family and enjoying the past and the present. (She sighs contentedly.)

Joyful Learner said...

Oh my! I don't think I'll remember unless I blogged it down! Funny you mention clouds because I've took similar cloud pictures lately after JC asked me what they were called. Someone else posted about "river of clouds".

Unknown said...

Love to know what the story is when you remember...

The sky out there is so much BIGGER than in Tennessee! Beautiful!

Ticia said...

But, I'm sure no matter how detailed a list I keep, it'll be that one that's not on the list she wants.