Saturday, July 6, 2013

Summer Fun Day 42 - Reversible Minion/Evil Minion Inspired Finger Puppets


We haven't seen Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment's Despicable Me 2 yet, but we've already been inspired by the new "evil" side to the otherwise adorable horde of minions.  I thought, whether we make it to the theater this summer, or not, it would be fun to make up a few split personality finger puppets - sweet and yellow on the outside - crazy and purple on the inside.

Reversible, felt, finger puppets, minion or otherwise, are fairly simple to put together.  Start by making two separate puppets out of felt...


...like so...







Then, when you have them both complete, turn one of them inside out (leaving the little arms pushed in).


Push the inside-out puppet into the outside-out puppet...


....and whip stitch them together around the bottom edge (in this case just the purple and yellow layers).


So, you'll be ready to save the world...


...or...


...wreak some havoc...


...depending on your mood.

Oh, and speaking of the movie, was that really a corn chip sombrero I saw Gru wearing in the preview?


It's great to be a homeschooler.

6 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

The puppets are adorable. We finally watched the first movie on BluRay and now I wonder how the second one will be, but I don't think we'll make it to the movie theater for it.

Ticia said...

Jeff and I are eagerly waiting for the second one to make it to the dollar theater to take the kids.

I love the felt puppets, I'm a sucker for felt toys.

Stephanie said...

I *love* those finger puppets! I can't wait to show my daughter.

Unknown said...

We saw the movie this past weekend, and it is EXCELLENT!!! And I must say, these puppets are spot on- awesome job!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Amber - Phew! I was a little uncertain making them before we saw the movie - but I couldn't resist :)

jmommymom said...

This is a great tutorial. My girls love crafty project that involve sewing, fabric and yarn.